Well, what-do-you-know, it’s July already and that means that, what is almost certainly the largest event in the Australian Human Resources calendar, the AHRI National Convention & Exhibition, will soon be on again.
Whilst it’s obviously aimed mainly at members of the generalist/mainstream Human Resources industry, there’s typically a decent amount included to keep those of us in the Learning & Development/Organisational Development community happy.
Also (and as usual), they’ve got some VERY interesting Keynote Speakers lined up, including:
- Ram Charan (Internationally renowned Author and Business Advisor)
- Julia Gillard (no introduction needed – she was the 27th Australian Prime Minister)
- Umran Beba (PepsiCo AMEA Snr Vice President & Chief HR Officer)
- Dave Ulrich (Professor at the University of Michigan’s prestigious ‘Ross School of Business’)
- Ange Postecoglou (the Australian Soccer Team’s coach)
- Sam Mostyn (Non-Executive Director and Sustainability SME)
- John Lloyd (Australian Public Service Commissioner)
- Michael Jeffrey (Former Governor-General of Australia)
In addition to this list of outstanding speakers, there’ll be seminars, conference hall, etc and, of course, a fantastic opportunity to network with others in the Australian (and international) Human Resources/Learning & Development/Organisational Development space to find out what’s happening with Australian qualifications (such as the change from Diploma of Management to the Diploma of Leadership & Management), the latest trends in training, Federal and State funding for training programs, how other organisations are achieving their desired learning outcomes, and much more.
Find more event information and book your tickets by clicking here.
ARTICLE WRITERS NEEDED! Do you have something you’d like to contribute to Training Matters? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please email us at AustralianLDN@yahoo.com.au or call 0412 299 181.